- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt; mounded
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda; mounded
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese; sharp, finely grated
- 2/3 tablespoon jalapeno chile; minced
- 1/3 scallion; minced
- 1/3 ear corn; shucked, kernels cut off
- 1 tablespoon cilantro; minced
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter; melted
- 3 tablespoons egg; beaten
- few drops vegetable or canola oil
Preheat the Easy-Bake Oven for 15 minutes. Place the baking tins on top of the oven in order to warm them.
Combine all the dry ingredients – cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, Cheddar, chile, scallion, corn, and cilantro – in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, melted butter, egg, and oil.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and stir just until mixed.
Spray the baking pans with cooking spray, then fill each with 3 level tablespoons of batter. Bake in Easy-Bake Oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Server with a bowl of chili or top with mango salsa.