- 1/2 cup Butter; softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons candied cherries; finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nuts; chopped
In bowl, cream butter with sugar until light. Add vanilla, mix well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir mixture into butter mixture. Stir in cherries and nuts.
Divide in half. Wrap separately and chill until firm, about 1 hour. Shape each half into an 8″ log. Wrap and chill until hard, about 3 hours or overnight.
Butter and flour baking pans.
Unwrap and slice dough into 1/4″ rounds. Place two rounds in each prepared pan.
Bake in Easy-Bake Oven until beginning to brown around edges, about 20 minutes.
Cool pans on wire rack.