- 1/4 cup Butter; softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds; finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cranberries; coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cranberries; grated
- decorating sugar; red and green
- fresh cranberries; halved
- granulated sugar
Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt. Beat in flour until blended.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Divide in half. Wrap separately and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
Shape each half into an 8″ long log. Roll logs in coloured sugar to coat. Wrap and chill until hard, about 3 hours or overnight.
Butter and flour baking pans.
Unwrap and slice dough into 1/4″ thick rounds. Place two rounds in each pan, bake until beginning to brown around edges (about 20 minutes).
Cool pans on wire rack.