- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon raisins; optional
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips; mini, optional
In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and brown sugar. Stir to blend. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles corn meal.
Preheat mom’s oven to 350 F or follow directions for Easy-Bake Oven for baking cookies.
Combine ingredients with water, raisins and chocolate chips. Stir with a spoon until mixture holds together in one big ball. Shape one teaspoon of dough at a time into a ball. Arrange on an un-greased cookie sheet.
Butter bottom of a small drinking glass. Dip buttered glass bottom in sugar. Flatten each ball by pressing with sugarcoated glass.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes in mom’s oven or as directed in Easy-Bake Oven. Remove from oven. Cool on a rack. Each package of mix makes about 9 cookies.
Makes 9 Cookies