Sugar Spice Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine; softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup nuts; chopped
Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and set aside.
Cream together butter and sugars. Add vanilla and lemon extract and beat well.
Add dry ingredients, mixing well.
Stir in nuts.
Divide in half. Wrap separately and chill until firm (about 1 hour).
Shape each half into an 8″ log. Wrap and chill until hard (about 3 hours or overnight).
Grease and flour Easy-Bake Oven baking pans.
Unwrap and slice dough into 1/4″ rounds. Place 2 rounds in each prepared pan.
Bake until beginning to brown at edges (about 20 minutes).
Cool pans on wire rack.
Makes 72 Cookies