- 2 3oz packages ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup apricot or almond syrup
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
Line bottom and side of 9 x 3-inch spring form pan with ladyfinger halves, split sides up. Set aside.
In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the almond extract, beating well. In small mixing bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
Spoon half into ladyfinger-lined pan. Top with remaining ladyfingers and cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Meanwhile, combine cherry pie filling and remaining 1/4-teaspoon almond extract. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Remove side of pan. Top with cherry mixture just before serving.
Makes 10 – 12 Fingers