- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and brown sugar. Stir to blend. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles corn meal.
Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture into each of 8 small containers or ziplock bags. Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
Each package makes 9 cookies.
Makes 8 Packages
- 1 package Children’s Cookie Mix
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 tsp butter (optional)
Bake 10 to 12 minutes in mom’s oven or as directed in Easy-Bake Oven. Remove from oven. Cool on a rack.
Be the first to comment